Here is the summary of Nigeria breaking news today 6th sept 2018
- President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday picked his expression of interest and nomination form, to contest in the forthcoming primary election of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
The form, sold for N45million, was purchased on his behalf Wednesday, by one of his support groups, the Nigerian Consolidation Ambassadors Network.
- The Governor of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosu has declared his intention to vie for the Ogun Central senatorial district seat in the 2019 election.
The governor stated that contrary to the news making the rounds that he was nervous to allow direct primaries by the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, he was ready to back direct system to choose the candidates of the party for next year’s general elections.
- Ondo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has adopted the indirect modality for the party’s forthcoming primary election.
The decision of the party was ratified on Wednesday during an emergency meeting of the party’s State Working Committee (SWC) held at the secretariat of the party in Akure, the state capital.
- Troops of Sector 3 Operation LAFIYA DOLE in conjunction with 82 Task Force Battalion following a tip off embarked on a long range clearance, killing many Boko Haram terrorists in Gesada village, Guzamala Local Government Area Borno State in northeast, Nigeria.
Texas Chukwu, Director Army Public Relations said the terrorists met their waterloo when they came to the village to extort money and rustle livestock belonging to the villagers yesterday evening.
- Security agencies have arrested 41 suspected homosexuals in Bauchi State.
The suspects were arrested during a joint operation by men of the Nigeria Police Force and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Bauchi State command