Here is the List of top Nigeria Breaking News Summary this morning 22.09.2018
- Following the withdrawal of the running licence of Skye Bank Plc, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in session with the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), has hooked up a bridge bank known as Polaris Bank, to expect the belongings and liabilities of the defunct bank. CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, on Friday, said the strategy was for the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) to capitalise the bridge bank and start the procedure of sourcing traders to shop for out AMCON.
- The Osun State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Soji Adagunodo, on Friday said the party’s governorship candidate, Ademola Adeleke, is still in the race. He said this in the course of a media briefing in Osogbo, the Osun State capital on Friday. He said the textual content message being circulated that Adeleke had withdrawn from contesting the election became fake.
- The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) screening committee on Friday cleared the Minister of Communications, Barrister Abdulraheem Adebayo Shittu for the gubernatorial primary in Oyo State regardless of the controversy over his NYSC certificates. Head of Special Tasks for Adebayo Shittu’s Campaign Organization, Mr. Malik Aderogba, who showed this, added that Shittu changed into cleared due to the fact he met the requirements of the committee.
- Relatively, the PDP has demanded the arrest and sack of Adebayo Shittu, Buhari’s Communication Minister over his alleged skipping of the required NYSC. In a statement with the aid of its spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan, the PDP stated President Buhari, in appointing fraudulent men and women to preserve key offices in his authorities, has shown that he has a weighty integrity burden, contrary to the ‘Mr. Clean’ posturing, which his handlers had always wanted Nigerians to consider.
- The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), on Friday, requested candidates for the 2018 recruitment into distinct cadres to check their emails for up to date facts on the workout. It said screening and bodily fitness evaluation will maintain in all kingdom capitals from Monday 24 to Saturday 29 September 2018. A declaration by way of the Corps Public Education Officer, Bisi Kazeem, said candidates who do not obtain any facts thru their emails earlier than Monday should report to the screening centres selected of their utility paperwork with the printed summary information web page.
- Benue State Police Command on Friday showed the killing of 5 people in Tse Vue village of Ukum Local Government Area of the nation by gunmen believed to be gang of wanted Terwase Akwaza, popularly known as Gana. Spokesman of the command, DSP Moses Yamu, showed this in a statement
- The European Union (EU) Election Observers have said they will display Saturday’s governorship election in Osun with a watch on vote-buying. Mr Ketil Karlsen, the EU Ambassador to Nigeria, said this at a information conference on Friday in Osogbo. Karlsen said that the EU became hopeful that the modalities put in region by way of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to check vote-shopping for at some stage in the election could yield nice outcomes
- A 25-years-antique Simon Olocher suspected to have killed a Professor with the Federal University of Kashere in Gombe State became arrested and paraded with the aid of the State Police Command on Friday. State Police Commissioner, Shina Tairu Olukolu, said Olocher changed into arrested in Jos, the Plateau State capital on 18th September 2018 wherein he had deliberate to promote the late Professor’s stolen red coloured Toyota Corolla automobile.
- Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has accused Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike and Senator representing Rivers South-East, Senator Magnus Abe of conspiring to release a smear campaign in opposition to him. Amaechi who is additionally the Director-General, President Buhari 2019 Campaign Organisation alleged that the duo of Wike and Abe are conniving to disparage and defame him.
- The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has accused the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, of flying many helicopters complete of cash into Osun State in advance of this Saturday’s election. The birthday party said the APC was planning to shop for votes with billions of Naira with a purpose to control the human beings to vote for the ruling party’s candidate, Gboyega Oyetola.
Read more on Nigeria daily times today