Here is the list Nigeria Breaking news summary today 18th sept 2018
- Two of the occupants of a Sienna car kidnapped along 9th Mile parkway, Enugu State for the duration of the weekend have been rescued. Report said that the 2 sufferers, 22-year-vintage Kate Oibe and Samuel Oibe,thirteen, had been rescued by way of the Enugu State Police Command on Monday night along two others.
- A Delta State High Court sitting in Asaba has sentenced a kidnapper of a Warri-based totally journalist, James Okporua Otobrise, to 17 years in prison. The court, presided over with the aid of Hon. Justice F.N. Azinge (Mrs.) surpassed down the judgement after the prosecution counsel, a Deputy Director, T.P.I, Urai and E.S. Ifedora, dragged the case to courtroom.
- The Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris, has directed that the court docket summons towards the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, in relation to the ongoing investigation into the April 5, 2018 bank theft incident in Offa, Kwara State, be served on him. The IGP has requested a unit in the Nigeria Police Force’s Legal Department, Force headquarters, Abuja to make certain the prompt delivery of the court docket procedures on Saraki earlier than the following date, October 3 2018.
- The management of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of projecting an Islamic agenda. The frame said the President has made 3 key appointments within the previous few days, however that none is from the South or a Christian.
- The National Pension Commission (PenCom) stated it had released N86.7 billion to sacked employees of various businesses who were into Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS).
PenCom Acting Director-General, Mrs Aisha Dahir-Umar, who disclosed this on Monday in Lagos, stated the quantity turned into for the agreement of 275,172 disengaged employees.
- The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has accused the Federal Government of smuggling erstwhile Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, overseas to save you her from exposing how the Presidency cabal, which include close members of the family and associates of President Muhammadu Buhari fleeced the nation of trillions of Naira.
The party stated through congratulating Adeosun, even after she had admitted her culpability on issues of forgery and corrupt practices, the APC-led authorities has similarly confirmed it’s far a party of corruption.
- Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, on Monday declared that he’ll do the whole lot viable to ensure that his son-in-law and previous Chief of Staff, Uche Nwosu, becomes the next governor of the state. Okorocha stated he wouldn’t thoughts setting his blood and lifestyles down to make sure that Nwosu succeeds him as governor.
Read more breaking news on Nigeriadailytimes