Nigeria daily Times has Compiled the Summary of Top Nigeria Breaking news From Nigerian newspapers today friday 5.10.2018
- No fewer than nineteen people were killed in Ariri Village, Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State with the resource of the use of suspected herdsmen on Wednesday.
The herdsmen attacked the village at night time and shot the sufferers while they had been asleep.
- The Headquarters, 3 Division of the Nigerian Army, has refuted critiques on social media systems that 11 automobiles and two corpses were recovered from the identical pond that the missing past Chief of Administration (Army), Major General Idris M Alkali’s (Rtd) automobile was determined.
It, therefore, entreated most of the people to push aside records being circulated at the social media, stressing that is the handiwork of the fifth columnists.
- Governor Abdulfath Ahmed of Kwara State turned into on Thursday in Omu-Aran, affirmed with the aid of way of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s delegates emerges as the party’s flag bearer for Kwara South Senatorial District within the 2019 massive elections.
Delegates from the seven Local Government Areas of the District, in a properly attended Zonal primary held at Irepodun LGA Secretariat in Omu-Aran, unanimously encouraged Ahmed against the incumbent Senator, Rafiu Ibrahim.
- A chieftain of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), in Ogun State and a near companion of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, Dr. Femi Majekodunmi, on Thursday resigned his membership from the party with instantaneous effect.
Majekodunmi in a statement he in my opinion signed, said he will be leaving ADC to return once more to his former political celebration, the All Progressives Congress (APC).
- President Muhammadu Buhari last night time met in the back of closed door session with 8 Governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC), at the State House Villa.
The governors, who attended the assembly had been: Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Rochas Okorocha (imo), Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara), Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi), Sani Bello (Niger), Simon Lalong (Plateau), Rotimi Akeredolu (Ondo), and Tanko Almakura (Nasarawa).
- The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that no plan can prevent its Saturday’s country wide conventional to pick its presidential candidate for 2019 countrywide elections.
The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, at the same time as briefing newsmen at the very last outcomes of the party’s National Working Committee’s meeting held on Thursday in Abuja, said that the convention would obtain success irrespective of alleged plot through way of some organizations to disrupt the occasion scheduled for Oct. 6 and Oct. 7 in Port Harcourt.
- The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC says it has recovered 1.6 billion naira cash from fraudsters within the 3rd quarter of 2018.
South South Zonal Director of EFCC, Nnaghe Obono-Itam made the disclosure at the same time as briefing newsmen on the achievements of the rate within the ¾ quarter of the this yr.
Read More breaking news on NIGERIA DAILY TIMES