Top Nigeria Newspapers Today and Breaking News 29.11.2018
1. The Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided over by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, on Wednesday approved the reduction of the cost of Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) application forms from N5,000 to N3,500, from January 2019.
It also announced the cost reduction of Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) handled by National Examination Council (NECO), from N11,350 to N9,850.
2. Sunday Adefonou Anani, the 22-year-old Togolese cook, who allegedly murdered his boss, Opeyemi Badamosi, Chairman of Credit Switch Technology, is dead.
Reports had it that Anani’s counsel got a message on Wednesday morning that the suspect is dead.
3. The Anambra State police command has unsealed the State House of Assembly after two weeks.
Police said its option of sealing the complex was to forestall breakdown of peace in the state by any faction of the assembly.
4. The Nigerian Army has confirmed that the Boko Haram sect has been using drones and foreign fighters.
Brigadier General, Sani Usman, spoke to the press on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai on Wednesday.
5. Olujonwon Obasanjo, son of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and the National President of Buhari Youth Organisation (BYO), has told Nigerians not to compare the administration of his father to the current President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.
Obasanjo, who was at the APC head office on Wednesday, noted that his continued support for the Buhari administration did not in any way amount to him disrespecting his father, saying that as an adult, he was entitled to his political views.
6. The Federal Government, States and Local Governments, on Wednesday shared N788.13 billion as federal allocation for the month of October at the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) meeting.
A statement issued by Mr Oise Johnson, Head, Press and Public Relations, Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF), said that the figure distributed was higher than the N698.7 billion shared for the month of September by N89.42 billion.
7. Alhaji Abdulganiyu Galadima has emerged as the running mate to the presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN), Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili.
Ezekwesili announced this on Wednesday in Ilorin, Kwara State, where she also unveiled her manifesto.
8. The Abia State police command has arrested nine suspected members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and Biafra Independence Movement (BIM).
The Commissioner of Police, Mr Chris Ezike, gave names of the suspects are identified as Michael Okoroafor (45), Ikedi Orji (38), Samuel Elem (38), Okoro Chukwu (33) andFestus Oko (32) John Ogbu (44), Cyril Elobuike (45), Alika Chukwuemeka (52) andDominic Onovo (56).
9. Daughter of Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Dutsinma Local Government Area, Katsina state has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen.
It was learnt that Zainab Hussaini was kidnapped at her father’s country home in Maitsani village along Dutsinma – Tsaskiya Road, Tuesday midnight.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari has told soldiers that the war against Boko Haram is a “must win”.
Buhari, while delivering the keynote address at the 2018 edition of the Chief of Army staff Annual conference (COAS) in Maiduguri, Borno state, also promised that his government would do everything within its powers to support the army, disclosing that the government is making efforts to improve the entitlements of soldiers.
Here is round up of Nigeria Breaking news this morning, we would bring you back more tomorrow till then kindly look read more Breaking news on Nigeria Daily Times.