Naija news Home » President Buhari Finally Reacts to Army Massacre, Says Nigeria Will Prevail

President Buhari Finally Reacts to Army Massacre, Says Nigeria Will Prevail

Nigeria president Muhammad buhari image credit google

President Buhari Finally Reacts to Army Massacre Says Nigeria Will Prevail

The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari has finally react to the massacre of the men of the Nigerian Army by Boko Haram.

Majority of the people of Nigeria has been criticising the President for his surprisingly mute and his uncultured body language to a tragedy that occured on Sunday and Monday, and which cost the country more than a hundred soldiers and officers in Metele, Borno State.

“The military & intelligence agencies have worked hard in the fight against terrorism,and I am once again pledging, as Commander-in-Chief, my full support as they push to totally neutralize Boko Haram. May the souls of the dead rest in peace. Their sacrifice will NEVER be in vain.” Buhari personally tweeted.

Garba Shehu had earlier release a statement credited to the state house, both message coming up today Saturday, six days after the gruesome murder. He said that President Buhari is in deep shock and he is bent on blocking every loophole that led to the unfortunate incident.

READ ALSO>>  INEC to Rivers APC: After Supreme Court Ruling the Only Appeal Left is in Heaven

“STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

 

NIGERIA WILL PREVAIL OVER BOKO HARAM, PRESIDENT BUHARI ASSURES

President Buhari has expressed deep shock over the killing of military personnel in Metele village of Borno State by Boko Haram terrorists,assuring at the same time that immediate measures are being taken to ensure that loopholes which led to the fatalities are blocked once & for all.

Reacting to the tragic incident, the President said that his administration remains ever committed and focused on the security of military personnel and other citizens.

Back Channels: Does Boko Haram have a representative in Buhari’s government? – Reno

President @MBuhari: “No responsible Commander-in-Chief would rest on his oars or fold his hands to allow terrorists to endanger the lives of its military personnel and other citizens.”

President @MBuhari: “Our loyal forces have proved their strength over the terrorists and we are ready to give them all the needed support in terms of equipment and manpower to succeed in ending the renewed threat.”

READ ALSO>>  Pick a Choice Between Real Infrastructure and Going Back to Stomach Infrastructure on Saturday, Buhari Tells Nigerians

President @MBuhari: “In the coming days, I am engaging the Military and Intelligence Chiefs in extensive discussions on the next steps we shall be taking.”

The President noted that fighting terrorism has taken a global dimension, which necessitates international collaboration among states facing similar security challenges.

President Buhari reassured Nigerians of his continued commitment to their security and of his efforts to sustain the momentum in the previous significant successes recorded against the terrorists.

The President advised against making political capital out of national tragedy, stressing that members of the armed forces are one family who are commonly committed to the security and safety of all Nigerians.”

naija news today
Copyright Nigeria Daily Times 2019. Send all news and press releases to nakata(at)nigeriadalytimes.com, 08155933100
Advertise with us. Send us Enquiry ,press release.
Nur'deen Olaitan

Nur'deen Olaitan

I am Nur'dean Olaitan, a Graduate of linguistics from University of Ilorin.
I am Passionate about sport, writing, politics.

You wanna connect, buzz me on nakata@nigeiadailyimes.com

View all posts
%d bloggers like this: